-
2009-01-15
On Children
版权声明:转载时请以超链接形式标明文章原始出处和作者信息及本声明
http://ismalt.blogbus.com/logs/38627469.html
Your children are not your children.
你们的孩子都不是你们的孩子。
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
乃是生命为自己所渴望的儿女。
They come through you but not from you,
他们是凭借你们而来,却不是从你们而来。
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他们虽和你们同在,却不属于你们。
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你们可以给他们以爱,却不可给他们以思想。
For they have their own thoughts.
因为他们有自己的思想。
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
你们可以荫庇他们的身体,却不能荫庇他们的灵魂。
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因为他们的灵魂,是住在明日的宅中,那是你们在梦中也不能想见的。
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你们可以努力去模仿他们,却不能使他们来象你们。
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因为生命是不倒行的,也不与昨日一同停留。
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你们是弓,你们的孩子是从弦上发出的生命的箭矢。
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
那射者在无穷之中看定了目标,也用神力将你们引满,使他的箭矢迅速而遥远地射了出去。
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
让你们在射者手中的弯曲成为喜乐罢;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因为他爱那飞出的箭,也爱了那静止的弓。
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
无意中看到纪伯伦的这首诗,很是喜欢,贴出来与大家共赏。随机文章:
Trusty Timberland Boots and Their Many Uses 2009-11-04Timberland Boot Soles-Old Tires 2009-11-04百度CFO李昕晢入选“全球最受关注女性” 2009-11-04《万物简史》引言摘录 2008-03-27207 2008-03-27
收藏到:Del.icio.us








评论